I know this Ukrainian journalist is famous for trying to kiss celebrities that he interviews on the mouth, so I know he’s not an actor BUUUUUUT there is definitely a part of me that me that wonders if this was a publicity stunt in that it indirectly deals with the gay rumors that have been following Will Smith more intensely than ever before.
I see they are striking the “Kate Middleton and Prince William engagement photo” pose.
Gwyneth “I Look Like A Tony Award” Paltrow
Kristen Stewart looks like she just showed up at a high school senior prom, and not in a good way.
Yeah yeah yeah. Blue. I get it. And for super-Beyonce fans, you’ll note the ease in which she is climbing up the straits. Surely this is a nod to last year where her dress was so tight that she couldn’t stop for pictures and the photographers booed her.
It is not too often that one’s hair and one’s dress exactly watching the red carpet. Bad idea Chelsea Clinton. love your politics, you mom, and your dad but hate your look.
MIA??! Seriously? You know who she looks like to me? R&B singer Nivea, circa her one big hit…Whatever it was. I know that MIA is Sri Lanka but dammit if she doesn’t look African American in this picture.
Forget about the dress, how the hell has Ashley Greene ridden a wave that included smaller roles in Twilight movies into a ticket to a $25,000 per person event? She should bottle this and sell it.
(Pics via NYMag.com)
1) I wish Miseducation era Lauryn would come back….
2) I wish Brandy and Monica formed a group at least temporarily called Branica or Mondy…
3) I really wish SNL would add a Black female cast member that wasn’t Maya Rudolph’s color….I assume they don’t because they think they don’t have roles for a darker-skinned Black woman, but they aren’t thinking creatively enough I guess…
4) Rihanna’s gonna burn out in a few years…This “I’m young, wild, & don’t care” image is going to, I think, turn into reality soon…
5) I’m ready for a new great Black male star in drama and comedy…I’ve had my fill of Denzel and Will reigning in these respective departments…
Click here to learn more about his untimely death at 47.
My immediate thought when I heard about this (and still is) is that NABJ is giving Beyonce this award so that she will show up and accept in person.
Beyonce lives in New York and if, say, an NABJ chapter nowhere near New York had given her the honor I would take it more seriously.
It is my opinion that giving a celebrity an award for journalism when there are countless journalists that went to journalism school or have worked professionally for years is the same as hiring a rapper for an acting job where there are so many more qualified candidates.
If you care, here’s Beyonce’s award winning piece, from Essence magazine.